Post 9/11 GI BILL Now Available
The Program is for Veterans, Soldiers and Airmen who have been deployed 90 days or more since September 11, 2001. The program has many distinct difference in comparison to past GI Bill programs. Qualified Veterans can use the benefits or it can be transferred to dependents. There are three types of core payments including: Tuition & Fees, Housing Allowance, Books/Supplies Background on the 9/11 benefits includes:
- Rate of pay is based on tier rates. Veterans qualify with their Title 10 Active Duty Time. Tiers are 40-100 percent. (100 percent is two years or more Title 10 Time.)
- The new bill pays the highest in-state tuition cost ($148.00/Credit Hr) and mandatory fees
- The new bill pays Basic Housing Allowance for (E-5) at the location of college attendance
- The new bills pays a one time benefit of $1000.00 books/supplies fee per academic year.
The Post 9/11 GI Bill established the option for Transferability of Education Benefits (TEB) to dependants.
TEB to Dependants can begin now and anyone wishing to transfer eligibility can start the process via the following website: www.DMDCosd.mil/TEB
Contact your Battalion Career Counselor or go to the VA Website for more information.
|State GI Bill Manager||775.887.7326|
|422nd SIG BN||702.856.4961 or 775.971.6010|
|JFHQ / Med Det / Det 45 OSA / RTI / STC / RSP||702.632.0313|
Nevada State Benefits
Tuition Waiver/Summer Tuition Reimbursement/Textbook Reimbursement:
NO TUITION WAIVER/ TEXTBOOK REIMBURSEMENT/ SUMMER TUITION REIMBURSEMENT FORMS WILL BE ACCEPTED BY MAIL OR FAX DIRECTLY TO THE ESO.
ALL FORMS MUST GO THROUGH YOUR READINESS NCO OR BATTALION CAREER COUNSELOR.
Free tuition at any Nevada state sponsored college including:
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- University of Nevada, Reno
- Community College of Southern Nevada
- Great Basin College
- Truckee Meadows Community College
- Nevada State College
Please Contact The National Guard Education, Incentives, and Employment Office at: https://www.education.ng.mil/, or 1-866-628-5999
The Veterans Affairs Office: http://www.gibill.va.gov or 1-888-442-4551
Other GI Bill Websites:
- eBenefits: https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/
- Post 9/11 GI Bill Transferability: https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/TEB
Testing Programs - DANTES
Soldiers and dependants are encouraged to take advantage of the testing programs.
Exams free of charge for Spouses and Soldiers
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP) - computer based tests
- DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSSTs)
- Excelsior College Examination Program (ECE)
- American College Testing (ACT)
- Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT)
GRE and GMAT are for Soldiers/Airman eligible to receive REIMBURSEMENT through DANTES. Service members MUST have an Active National Guard 'ID Card' to be eligible.
*Exams with a fee for dependants: CLEP, DSST, ACT or SAT
GI Bill Chapter (Selected Reserves) Ch1606.
Print a personal copy of Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) at:
National Guard Benefits Online
Air and Army Guard
A New Program known as “Textbook Reimbursement Program” for STATE SCHOOLS only - has been initiated as part of the Patriot Relief Act. The benefit pays for all college textbooks purchased by Guard members during an entire academic year. This is an after-the-fact program, grades, syllabus and receipts for books are required.
All Air Guard Inquiries and Applications must go through the following personnel:
Education Packet Submission Suspense Date
|Summer Session 1, 2 and 3 2016 Textbook||Tuesday, September 13, 2016|
|Summer Session 1, 2 and 3 2016 Tuition||Tuesday, September 13, 2016|
|Tuition Waiver Form|
|Summer Tuition Reimbursement Checklist|
|Textbook Reimbursement Application|
|Summer Tuition Reimbursement|
|Bank Account Memorandum|