Small Group Instructor Training Course
The Nevada Army National Guard SGITC is designed to teach military instructors how to facilitate a small group to achieve a training objective. As such, the course presents definitions, terminology, and instructional methods used in small group instruction. The course also provides insights into how adults learn and develop as individuals and group members with a common goal. The course presents exercises and conference designed to have students experience, first hand, how groups react and interact to a variety of situations and SGI methodologies.
The following are minimum requirements to attend SGITC:
- All students must have a reservation on ATRRS. Students with a WAIT status on ATRRS will have priority over WALK-ON's.
- Soldiers' ETS date must be more than 12 months from the course end date.
- The Soldier must submit a properly completed Pre-Execution Check List (PECL) at in-processing. If any of the needed documentation is not presented during the first 72 hours of the course then the Student will be disenrolled from the course due to deficient documentation and a memorandum will be sent to the Soldier’s first General Officer.
- Assignment or pending assignment as an instructor.
- Military must meet height and weight standards IAW AR 600-9.
- Military must pass most recent APFT.
- ONLY permanent profiles IAW DA Pam 611-21 will be authorized for attendance. No temporary profiles will be authorized admittance to the course.
- Students may not miss any classes and they must receive an overall GO on the Performance Evaluation Checklist. Overall approval will be determined by the commandant.
- Successful completion of a TRADOC approved instructor training course, Army Basic Instructor(ABIC) or Total Army Instructor Training Course(TAITC).
Interested in attending or questions about SGITC?
Course Rep 702-632-0315 or firstname.lastname@example.org