Officer Candidate School
The Nevada Army National Guard is looking for highly motivated and competent future leaders. By entering into the National Guard Officer Candidate School (OCS) program you may have the opportunity to be that leader. Officers in the Army National Guard are in high demand. As an OCS Candidate you will undergo training which will prepare you for the challenges faced by a commissioned officer. The training will also equip you with management and leadership skills that are transferable in the military as well as in your civilian career.
The Nevada Army National Guard Officer Candidate School Pre-OCS prepares qualified officer candidates for the challenges faced during the OCS commissioning process. Emphasis is placed on ensuring that officer candidates can meet the standards of the National Guard OCS program. Upon completion of the program successful candidates will attend Officer Candidate School in either the accelerated program (60 days of intense resident training) OR through the traditional program (up to a year of IDT training as well as 2, two week resident courses).
Once commissioned, Second Lieutenants will attend an Basic Officer Leader Course (BOLC) within 24 months of commissioning. OBC will train Second Lieutenants in the finer aspects of their branch thus preparing them for greater leadership opportunities and responsibilities. BOLC locations and lengths vary depending on branch. Additional schooling MAY be available as time and resources permit.
The following are minimum requirements to enter into Officer Candidate School:
- Must be US Citizens prior to commissioning.
- Must attend an BOLC within 24 months of commissioning.
- Must have completed Basic Training and Advanced Individual Training (AIT) or other military service equivalent. (AIT can be waived for those soldiers enlisting into the Army National Guard for the OCS Option. Contact us or your local recruiter for details on the OCS Enlistment Option).
- GT score of 110 or higher.
- Must have 90 quarter hours from an accredited College or University to enroll.
- The minimum age for enrollment is 18 years of age.
- The maximum age for enrollment is the age that will allow the applicant to complete the program prior to reaching age 42.
- Must pass the APFT (Army Physical Fitness Test) upon entering the program and again prior to commissioning.
- Must pass a Commissioning Physical prior to Phase I and within 24 months of commissioning.
- Must meet the height weight standards in accordance with AR 600-9.
Further information about Officer Candidate School can be found through the following links:
http://www.nationalguard.com/careers/lead-from-the-top/officer-candidate-school - this link provides general information from the National Guard.
Click to download the OCS ENROLLMENT GUIDE/PACKET
Interested in becoming an Officer, or have questions/concerns about OCS?
Interested Soldiers should contact:
MSG Backus 775-677-5211 or email@example.com