88M - Motor Transport Operator
The MOS 88M10 course is designed to enable qualification to members of the Total Force with prior service to the requirements of skill level 1. The course contains the combat critical tasks of this MOS and presents them in a training sequence compatible with available training time in the TATS school environment.
88M Soldiers operate all wheel vehicles and equipment over varied terrain and roadways for support of combat operations. Manages entrucking and detrucking of personnel being transported. Oversees and checks proper loading and unloading of cargo on vehicles and trailers. Secures cargo against inclement weather, pilferage, and damage. Operates vehicle component material handling equipment (MHE), as required. Employs land navigation techniques. Must be knowledgeable with the operation of radios and weapons when they are mounted on the vehicle. Performs vehicle self-recovery and field expedients to include towing vehicles. Corrects or reports all vehicle deficiencies; supports mechanics where necessary. Prepares vehicle for movement/shipment by air, rail, or vessel.
The following are minimum requirements to enter into 88M training:
- Pre-execution checklist (FORM 350-18-2-r dated July 2009)
- ST score of 95
- PULHES of 222222
- Color vision requirements (Must have Red/Green Yes)
- DA 3349 (Permanent only)
- Must meet the height weight standards in accordance with AR 600-9.
- A valid U.S. Government motor vehicle operator’s permit for class of vehicle to which assigned.
- Must possess a valid state motor vehicle operator license.
- MOS qualification may be attained by meeting the civilian acquired skills criteria listed in AR 601-210
Interested in becoming an 88M?
Interested Soldiers should contact:
Course Manager 775-677-5221 or email@example.com