31B - Military Police
The 31B Military Police Reclassification Course is designed to prepare the Soldier to perform duties at Skill Level 1 in MOS 31B. The course contains the critical tasks for duty performance at this level and presents them using sound training methodologies.
Military police supervise or provide support to the battlefield by conducting battlefield circulation control, area security, prisoner of war operations, civilian internee operations, law and order operations on the battlefield and support to the peacetime Army community through security of critical Army resources, crime prevention programs andpreservation of law and order.
The following are minimum requirements to enter into 31B training:
- JPAS Printout annotating a security clearance of *CONFIDENTIAL*
- Pre-execution checklist (FORM 350-18-2-r dated July 2009)
- ST score of 95
- PULHES of 222221
- Color vision requirements (Must have Red/Green Yes)
- DA 3349 (Permanent only)
- Must meet the height weight standards in accordance with AR 600-9.
- Meets all requirements for Personnel Reliability Program (PRP) qualifications.
- Must possess a valid state motor vehicle operator license.
- No objection to performing security duties in the vicinity of nuclear or chemical munitions stored or staged for military use.
- No record of more than 15 days lost under section 972-10-USC.
- No information in Provost Marshal Office, Intelligence Office, Military Personnel Record Jacket (MPRJ) or medical records which would prevent the granting of a security clearance under AR 604-5.
- No record of pre-trial intervention or conviction by military or civil court of the following:
- (a) Any offense involving force or violence.
- (b) Any offense listed under para 4-22, AR 601-210 (misdemeanor), or similar offense not listed for which the maximum possible sentence exceeds 4 months of confinement.
- (c) Two or more offenses within 5 years prior to the date of enlistment listed under AR 601-210, para 4-21, (minor non-traffic), or similar offense not listed for which the maximum possible sentence is less than 4 months confinement.
- (d) Three or more minor traffic offenses as listed under AR 601-210, para 4-20, (minor traffic) during the 12 months period prior to entry on active duty (does not include traffic violations considered misdemeanor or felony by virtue of fine amount per AR 601-210.
- (e) No pattern of behavior or actions that is reasonably indicative of a contemptuous attitude toward the lasw or other duly constituted authority.
- Minimum age of 18 at time of entrance on active duty.
- No record of possession or use of any narcotic or nonnarcotic drug as defined by Article 134, UCMJ and AR 600-50. (Personnel entering active duty may be granted waiver at Military Entrance Processing Station by the PERSCOM Security Interviewer DoD policy on cannabis use).
- Formal training (completion of MOS 31B course conducted under the auspices of the U.S. Army Military Police School) mandatory.
- All applicants for MOS 31B must be interviewed by PERSCOM Security Interviewer. Waivers will only be granted by ODCSPER (DAPE-MPA-RP). Service members reclassifying for MOS 95B must be interviewed by local Provost NCO (SFC or above) or Provost Marshal (CPT or above). Written endorsement must accompany re-enlistment contract.
Interested in becoming a 31B?
Interested Soldiers should contact:
Course Manager 775-677-5221 or firstname.lastname@example.org