25B- Information Technology Specialist
Computers are an important part of every division of the military, and Information Technology (IT) Specialists have the responsibility of maintaining military computer systems and operations. IT Specialists' duties include installing and configuring networks, hardware and software, and providing administration services such as passwords, electronic mail accounts and security. They also assist in the design, preparation, editing and testing of computer and system programs.
Instruction will encompass the following areas:Information Assurance (IA) measures; installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and repair of computer systems and components, to include assembly/disassembly of computers using UNIX and Windows operating systems; installation/configuration of routers/switches and networking devices;digital common tasks to include Army Battle Command Systems Overview (ABCS),Force XXI Battle Command Brigade-and-Below (FBCB2), Maneuver Control System (MCS), and Tactical Internet Management System (TIMS); and a Field Training Exercise (FTX) in which the student must create and connect network devices, install and configure Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (Server and Client), and install and configure a CISCO Router and Switch
The following are minimum requirements to enter into 113-25B10(R):
- JPAS Printout annotating a security clearance of *SECRET*
- Pre-execution checklist (FORM 350-18-2-r dated July 2009)
- ST score of 95 before Jan 2002, 95 after Jan 2002 or Waiver, 100 between 2001-2003.
- PULHES of 212221
- Color vision requirements (Must have Red/Green Yes)
- DA 3349 (Permanent only)
- Student must enroll in the Information Assurance Security Officer (IASO) (Management Level 1) course located at https://ia.signal.army.mil and complete the training prior to enrolling in Phase 3. Once the exam is passed, students will have a certificate of completion and a copy must be provided to the Phase 3 instructor. NOTE: If a student fails the exam, he/she must wait 16 hours before being allowed to retake the exam.
- Must meet the height weight standards in accordance with AR 600-9.
Further information about the 25B MOS can be found through the following links:
Brief 25B Video - this link provides general information about Signal MOS's