Next of Kin/Responsible Party

Next of Kin/Responsible Party

The NV Army Honor Guard would like to extend our condolences to you, your family, and friends.  It is not easy losing a loved one but the Nevada Honor Guard is here to assist you in all appropriate military proceedings for your loved one.

What is Military Funeral Honors?

Military Funeral Honors are rendered to all eligble deceased veterans of the Armed Forces.

Is my loved one eligible for Military Honors?

Your soldier must have an Honorable discharge, Medical discharge or have become deceased while still an active member of the armed forces.

What is the cost for Military Funeral Honors?
  • Military Funeral Honors is FREE!
  • Congress has legislated that ALL Military Funeral Honors, given at the request of the family, will be provided, by law, at zero cost.
  • If you have been charged for this service please contact your local Congress Representative.
What type of Funeral Honors is available?
  • Find information on Funeral Honor Types here.
Is your service being coordinated through a funeral home?
  • If this service is being hosted by a funeral home please contact your funeral director to make your Funeral Honors arrangements or for further details.
  • All Las Vegas and Reno surrounding area funeral homes are aware of what is required for requesting Military Funeral Honors.
Was the deceased a veteran of another branch other than Army? (such as Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard or Army Air Corps)
  • Find additional branch Honor Guard information here.
What do I need to do?
  • In order to proceed with a Millitary Funreal Honors request, our office requires a copy of your loved ones Military Certificate of Discharge, otherwise known as a DD214, NGB Form 22, NGB Form 55, or Nonfiction of Eligibility of Retirement pay memorandum. The names of the forms are normally found in the lower left hand corner of the official military document.
  • We also require a Funeral Request Form.
    • If you have any questions regarding this form please do not hesitate to call us at 702.632.0597 for southern Nevada, for Northern Nevada call 775.887.7218
Where do I send this information?
Contact Us
  • County: Clark, Nye, White Pine, and Lincoln: SFC Shawn Fidler 702-632-4598/702-632-0597
  • County: Washoe, Elko, Esmeralda, Carson, Churchill, Douglas, Humboldt, Mineral, Lyon, Storey, Lander, Eureka and Pershing: SFC Mayra Serrano 775-887-7218/775-886-7760